We’re ready to ring in the New Year, so let us celebrate with a tasty countdown of our foodie favourites from 2016! These top 10 sensational bites will make you reminisce on good times or have you licking your screen.
10. Sukuji Market Booth, serving sushi rice topped with cod, tofu, scallions, dashi tamago and miso broth.
9. Bourbon Braised Alberta Beef Short Ribs with parsnip potato puree and pinot noir jus, garnished with onion cress.
8. Turkey Slider with Ontario tomato chili sauce.
7. Green Apple and Speculoos Macaron was a perfect matcha for the Matcha and Yuzu White Chocolate Bon Bon.
6. Braised Pork Belly Buns with pineapple slaw and Hawaiian pineapple bun.
5. Summer Spud Bar, a stunning array of potato goodness with tons of garnishes to choose from.
4. Seared Tuna and Hamachi Sashimi “Mosaic”, designed with coconut cream, olive dust, yuzu caviar, sake, and sesame seafood crisp.
3. Sousvide Beef Tenderloin in Cauliflower Ash with truffle pomme puree, spinach chlorophyll, Nantes carrots and red wine paint.
2. Our Snapchat worthy Dragon’s Breath, a delicious combination of earl grey ice cream, corn pop and hibiscus dust using liquid nitrogen.
Watch it here.
1. Let’s be honest, there are plenty of number 1’s but this dessert bar was pretty stellar – I’ll take the whole lot of red velvet cake pops please!